2016년 11월 23일 수요일

♥︎ JOEYPINK ♥︎ PLASTIC SURGERY IN KOREA: DOUBLE-EYELID SURGERY at BANOBAGI.

♥︎ JOEYPINK ♥︎ PLASTIC SURGERY IN KOREA: 
DOUBLE-EYELID SURGERY at BANOBAGI.

Exactly a week ago, my life changed (physically).

I DID DOUBLE-EYELID SURGERY IN KOREA!!!
It has always been something of me I wanted to change since I was 16 and it finally happened.

A short background story on why I want to get Double-Eyelid:
I have always hoped for bigger eyes with double eyelids because as a girly girl, I love make ups and started using cosmetics since I was 16. However, a lot of make up does no magic on my single eyelids when it made my girlfriend’s pretty double eyelids eyes even brighter. ):

Then when I am employed by Singapore Airlines as a Singapore Girl at 21 years old, I hoped for Double Eyelids even more when especially the “SQ Make Up” were made famous by the blue eye-shadow. Of course the make up technique have toned down when I joined but still!

Fast forward to these 2 years when I joined the annual The Newpaper Newface ’15 (Miss Levi’s and Miss Popularity) and Miss Universe Singapore ’16 (Turf Belle and Miss Congeniality). I felt that I would have definitely look even more beautiful than I already am if I possess double eyelids. So right after the competition, I hesitated no more and decided to get it done. I do not want to have any more “what if/if only” when doing things that I like to do.

[Before I begin my review on plastic surgery experience in Korea, here’s a disclaimer:
I am not encouraging anyone to do plastic surgery but just hope that my experience and review can help those who want to do but do not know where to start off or how to choose the right plastic surgeon.]

If you're planning to get plastic surgery done, reviews and references on other's real life experiences are really important (especially when you do not know anything about it) as they can influence your decision on whether to do it or not and which surgeon to choose.

As for me, I did a lot of research online, mainly keyed in "top plastic surgeon in seoul" on the search engine. Because if you wanna do, of course you do it with the BEST, right? Otherwise travel all the way to Korea for what? Hurhur.

So I found a lot of Medical Tourism Agency website that recommends Banobagi Plastic and Aesthetic Clinic for eyelid surgery! Apparently Banobagi are one of the clinics with Top surgeons and Dermatologist!
Being skeptical as it is recommended by agencies, I did further research on Banobagi. I read up on reviews people wrote on their blog base on their personal experience with Banobagi.

I am convinced.

I proceed to contact Banobagi via email and set an appointment with them.
(They are very efficient and got back to me almost immediately.)

Okay I shall start inserting pictures before you get bored.


7th November 2016. Finally, the D-day is here.

HELLO BANOBAGI! WE FINALLY MET.

They have really alot of staff in the clinic and they're all so busy. I keep hearing "dok dok dok" sound as the nurses rushed around with their court shoes. They were really fast (you will see me saying this a lot of times), in less than 5 minutes after registration, I was attended to and guided up to level 2 waiting area for consultation.

At level 2 holding area for consultation.

I was 20 minutes late for my appointment (my fault duh) and my appointment initially at 1100hrs was pushed to 1200hrs. I was lucky they had a slot at 1200hrs. Banobagi is really very busy and packed everyday so be sure not to be late if you are coming!

Before consultation with the Doctor, the clinic assistants will take pictures of your clean face so be sure to not wear any make up or contact lens to the clinic.
And while waiting for my turn, I took before-surgery-pictures on my own record too.


LOL I really don’t understand how some people can take gorgeous close-up shots.

Goodbye single eyelids.


And I also took a picture with the famous Dr. Lee Hyun Taek! HAHA!
Dr. Lee is highly reputable in his respective field and I am so so so glad to have my eyelids being taken care of by Dr. Lee. (‘:


Okay the time has come… I am finally meeting Dr. lee in real life!


The moment I sat down, he took a second to look at my eyes and immediately listed out all the things about my eyes that could be corrected.
Actually nothing much la, just that I have uneven eyes (one big, one small), sunken lower eyelid on the left and Mongolian eyes. Okay what, nothing much right? Hahahaha!


I didn’t even know one side of my lower eyelid is sunken so he told me to see from a certain angle and focus. Yup, I saw it, after looking at myself for 24 years.

I have no idea what’s Mongolian eyes so he explained to me and show me pictures of the different types of eyes and mine is the Mongolian eyes.


Mongolian eye is the last one on the screen. (i know you can't tell from this picture, so google it!)
Sorry for the blurry picture.
I don’t know the scientific term for it but basically Mongolian eyes means having the Epicanthic fold – skin fold of the upper eyelids covering the inner corner of the eyes.

After a detailed consultation of my eyes and what I can do to correct it, Dr. Lee suggested that I do the Double Suture Non-Incision Method to achieve the double eyelid that will suit me and also  Epicantoplasty (for the Epicanthic fold) to open up my eyes. As I feel really confident with Dr. Lee, I didn’t ask anymore questions and agreed to his suggestions. =D


Dr. Lee sketching on a paper showing me how the procedure will be done.

Oh yes, I asked to get Lip Fillers done too!
Dr. Lee asked what issue do I have with my Lips and I told him my upper lips are uneven. It’s a little thinner on the left side.


Dr. Lee look at my lips and said that I have quite symmetrical lips; However, I do not have define lip lines. And Lip Fillers will not make my lips more symmetrical but will give me a more defined lip line which will make me look better too. HEHE…. Lips checked! ✌🏻

I’m all set and my surgery was schedule at 1530hrs.
While at the holding area, the assistant told me that I will be on Local Anesthesia and I will be awake halfway throughout the surgery
When I heard “awake” I got a shock and exclaimed “HUH? Awake?!” Hahahha. 
Then she very calmly assured me “Yes, but it won’t be painful, you won’t feel a thing.
You have to be awake because you need to follow the doctor’s instructions when he tells you to ‘Open your eyes. Close your eyes. Look at him.’”.

I wasn’t convinced at all when she said it wont be painful because I saw online, those who did double eye-lid surgery got super swollen and bruised eyes for a couple of weeks and it doesn’t look not painful at all… LOL.

********************************

THE TIME HAS COME....


Its time for me to prep and proceed to the surgery room.

The assistant first brought me to change into the gown and right after, she brought me to the operating theatre. The moment I stepped in, everything was so fast like BAM BAM BAM and I found myself lying on the surgical bed in less than a minute and not moving. Not moving means I am ready for surgery already! They have done all the pre-surgery procedures including injections (I don’t know what are the names of the liquids injected). Everything was at such fast pace I even felt a bit shy that I took my own sweet time to get up the surgical bed. 😳


I must mention that the assistant preparing me for the surgery were pretty rough and REALLY FAST. You can tell they are so experience like they've been doing this routine 9999 times a day. Maybe that’s also why they are so mechanized.



Then Dr. Lee came in, did some marking on my eyes and then I was told that they are going to proceed with local anesthesia.

I woke up halfway during the surgery, expecting that I am gonna see knives and needles swerving above my eyes but nope I didn’t see any. Sad to say, no story to tell about that. Lawlz.

After the Double-Eyelids procedures, Dr. Lee immediately inject Lip Fillers on my lips. Dr. Lee was so quick; the Lip Fillers were done in less than 10seconds but OUCH… it hurts more than the Eyelid Surgery I swear. In fact, the eye surgery doesn’t hurt AT ALL. And yes, none of you gonna believe me like how I didn’t believe the assistant. I tera a little after with the Lip Fillers procedures and when the assistant helped me up from the surgical bed, she said “don’t cry, don’t cry, very good.” Hahahah so cute and sweet!

I was brought to the recovery room and they place ice pack on my eyes which will help to reduce swelling and bleeding.
I fell asleep for don’t know how long but Jay waited for me for a total of 2 hours since I left him to change into the gown.
I’m like “HUH? 2 hours only?! Include my recovery sleeping time? Okay that’s really fast.” Well, its just a damn minor surgery to them la.

Hahahah just damn hiao lor. Right after the surgery also must use Snapchat.
No choice la, Snapchat is my religion.

I want to emphasize that IT IS NOT PAINFUL at all. Jay just thought I need to rest after. I told him the only negative feeling I have right now is HUNGRY. Hahaha fast for the whole day I damn hungry. Head out to look for some Korean Fried Chicken for dinner!

Look who is out and about right after the surgery?
Yes, its very cold. But I don’t care I wanna look good! #fearless

Okay la here’s one without filter.
Oh ya!!! Can see the needle holes on my swollen lips due to injection of the Lip Fillers? Haha.


댓글 6개:

  1. Eyelid surgery, or blepharoplasty, is a surgical procedure to improve the appearance of the eyelids. Surgery can be performed on the upper lids, the lower lids or both. Get more info @ www.bestfacesurgeryindia.com

    답글삭제
  2. Thanks for this nice post regarding, Looking for Rhinoplasty (nose job) doctors? Dr. Ajaya Kashyap of MedSpa is the most experience rhinoplasty consultant and surgeon in the India. He can give you a nose job performed to the highest standard. Call 09958221981 for enquiry and book your consultation today!

    답글삭제
  3. If you are looking for blepharoplasty surgery in India come to MedSpa. Dr. Ajaya Kashyap India's best plastic surgeon help you to make you understand all thing about eyelid surgery.

    답글삭제
  4. To combat droopy eyelids, you can get an eyelid lift, which effectively tightens the skin and prevents your eyelids from causing problems. See a surgeon for an evaluation to see if this procedure is right for you at info@bestfacesurgeryindia.com

    답글삭제
  5. This blog is truly useful to convey overhauled instructive undertakings over web which is truly examination.Eyelid Surgery in Dubai

    답글삭제