Precautions for Rhinoplasty
<Before the surgery>
1. Study and get a lot of information about the nose surgery
that you get to know how to improve your nose better.
2. Have enough consultation with medical specialists about your ideal nose.
3. None of smoking and drinking is recommended
from one week before the surgery and after 4 weeks.
4. Be careful not to be infected before the operation
with diseases as cold.
5. Aspirin is banned to be taken from two weeks before surgery
since it interrupts blood clotting.
We recommend you to take other pills
such as Tylenol if it’s necessary.
6. You have to fast on the Operation day (at least for 8 hours).
Neither water nor smoking!
<After the surgery>
1. You have to visit the clinic
to check if there’s any inflammation
and to get post-operative treatments such as stitch removal.
You can use peroxide if you want to disinfect at home as well.
However, too much care is not good
that it’s enough treated in the clinic.
2. There will be a nasal packing inside of the nose,
and it needs to be maintained about 6 hours to 3 days.
It is for hemostasis and to keep the shape.
3. Don’t blow the nose for a week.
Just wipe your nose softly if needed.
4. You can wash your face after stitch removal.
Taking a shower or shampooing is okay even right after the surgery,
but don’t let the site of surgery be wet!
You have to disinfect the wet area with peroxide.
5. Avoid sort of food which you have to chew for a long time.
6. Physical movement as exercise or sports is restricted for a while.
Take a rest much as you can!
7. Brush your teeth cautiously with soft tooth brushes.
8. We suggest you to apply sunscreen on for 6 weeks
to prevent pigmentation of invisible bruises.
9. There are usually bleedings after surgery but it seldom happens,
and will lessen and stop as time goes, so don’t worry!
10. If there are secretions inside your nose,
you can take care of it with cotton buds using saline solution.
You would breathe in a better way, then.
11. Bruises would be gone after one week
and not obvious after two weeks…!
12. Cool-packing for about 3 days
and alternation of both cool-packing and hot-packing from the 5th day after surgery
will help your swelling and bruise decrease quickly.
13. Wearing glasses is not recommended
for 3 months after the surgery.
Glasses can give physical pressure on the operated area
and make implants move.
14. You’d better put cast and splint for 5 days
to protect your nose from external impacts.
15. There are gauzes inside of nose to stop bleeding after surgery,
and it could make you feel uncomfortable when breathing.
Put the wet towel on your lips then!
You would feel better.